Friday, September 10, 2010

Lullaby Moon

Lullaby Moon. Performance art in Seattle parks (and downtown). Costumes. Music. Elaborate sets. Created to "spread magic and whimsy." A city/donor sponsored celebration of every new moon that happened in 2008.

The amazing (and honestly, tragic) thing? That I've lived in Seattle for 10+ years and NEVER heard of this or saw this happen at any point... Well. Thank God I have a chance to remedy this serious oversight. Lullaby Moon is happening again (for the first time since 2008) this evening at 7:00 in Gasworks park. I will be there.

Fair warning: long post. I wanted to put every single photo from Lullaby Moon's archives in this post but I restrained myself to just 10 images.

[images via Lullaby Moon's web site]

5 comments:

Foxglove Spires said...

I found your blog through it's wonderful to be home. I love the pictures you have posted, It will be so amazing to see, I'm sure you will have a most wonderful time.

I have enjoyed looking through some of your posts, your have a very inspiring blog.

Have a lovely day. xx

Megan Leone said...

What?!!! That is incredible! I really wish we still lived in Seattle! I hope you post pics from your experience.

LethaColleen said...

@ Foxglove: Thank you! I'm glad you've found inspiration via ...pursuit of happiness! I certainly get my daily dose trolling for all the art I post...

@ Megan: I wish you still lived in Seattle too! You would have loved it, it was wonderful...

Turquoise Diaries said...

It looks like a wonderfyl and fun filled event. Thanks for the sharing.. I love your blog..

LethaColleen said...

thank you Turquoise! :)