Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Amsterdam Pt 1

I stumbled into my short stay flat on Monday afternoon, opened the window and fell asleep for the rest of the day…a 12 hour+ flight will do that to you!
I couldn’t be happier with the apartment (it’s completely darling) and the location (quiet, no traffic or street lights at night but still the lane out front is jammed full of houses, tiny cars, bicycles and everyday people…)The views out my windows; a jumble of slanting rooftops and a red light district window in the next block over. Out and down the world’s narrowest, steepest stairway…
…to Noorderdwarsstraat and away for my first day’s wander in a warm, breezy and autumnal Amsterdam.
Headed for De 9 Straatjes (9 streets.)

4 comments:

chris hobel said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous and inspirational, enjoy

gretchenmist said...

wow! so exciting, i love amsterdam. have a great time :)

LethaColleen said...

thanks Chris and Belinda! I will, I am (having a great time...) :)

Dom said...

j'aime Amsterdam et cette ambiance si particulière des villes du Nord qu'on sent déjà en Belgique.
Beaucoup de joie et d'inspiration pour vous...