Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sharon Church

Sharon Church's pieces grab me with their celebration of the organic, of course, but I think I'm responding mostly to the inclusion of the more jagged/sharp edges of natural shapes. Strength to survive and thrive is often beautiful in it's form following function but necessitates a bit of a poke back to the world at large sometimes to continue along the evolutionary path...and so I'm loving seeing that side of nature in Sharon's work.


[all work by/belongs to Sharon Church, images via her web site]

Have a look at more of Sharon's work on her web site ...Sharon's work originally found here via daily art muse.

2 comments:

Cari-Jane Hakes said...

Beautiful, beautiful studio jewellery! The world is a more amazing place with people like these don't you think?

LethaColleen said...

I TOTALLY agree! :)