Monday, August 16, 2010

Denise Duong

My heart is very touched by the beautiful poignancy so colorfully/ graphically rendered by mixed media artist Denise Duong...

This image resonances deeply with me as I go through the aftermath of having recently left a very long relationship with someone I cared deeply for but who hurt me in some very significant ways through his own past hurts and profound fear of intimacy and closeness with any one person. This image, as soon as I saw it, flew right into my heart and began looking for a place to roost and come home. But I don't have a place for it to settle in, my trust in the possibility of partnership is lost for now. I hope to regain it in time. For now, just seeing this composition and being able to recognise in it the existence and strength of healthy bonds of intimacy and trust between lovers is enough.

[image via Denise's blog]

Visit Denise's blog and Flickr for more. You can also read up about Denise here.

5 comments:

Dom said...

Merci pour ce partage

Martina said...

What a sweet picture! Would love to be there now, in that hammock, with my sweetheart!

A Tea Leaf said...

Awww! I love it!

Anonymous said...

The best of luck to you in finding true intamcy. It can be a painful road but it is worth it.

LethaColleen said...

thank you Anonymous, without a doubt worth it, I'm determined to accept nothing less in the future...