Tuesday, June 15, 2010

ninjagrl

Sometimes art touches us on a purely visceral level on first viewing...the work of current Seattleite ninjagrl has this feeling of immediacy for me. It connects me to that lonely but conversely satisfied little girl within me that liked (and likes) nothing better than to dream away in a corner alone.

When I look with a bit more of a critical (and less emotionally charged) eye at her work I love the simple rich colors, the anime like characterisation and the bits of whimsy mixed with melancholy...


[all work by/belongs to ninjagrl, images via her web site]

For more of ninjagrl's work visit her web site's gallery, Etsy shop and stop by her blog...

1 comment:

Dyche Designs said...

Her work is visually stunning, most definitely provokes an emotional response.