Monday, June 28, 2010

Jenny Wunderly

What a sense of exuberant liveliness there is in Jenny Wunderly's work. I'm fascinated by the play of complexity and detail (the floral elements) with the simple outlines of childish shapes at play/discovery...

I loved reading about Jenny's process; tending her garden outside her studio, photographing her flowers and children then projecting the images onto her canvases, playing with scale and visual interaction and then beginning her pieces. There's such a nice sense of clarity of concept and execution to her creative flow, I love being let in on the 'how and why.'

[all work and images by Jenny Wunderly, images via her web site]

Visit Jenny's web site here for more of her work...

4 comments:

second storie said...

gorgeous paintings!

LethaColleen said...

They most definitely are!

Anonymous said...

I own one of your paintings and I can't keep my eyes off of it. Its magical.

LethaColleen said...

@ Anon: just to be clear; these are not my paintings --- they belong to the wonderful Jenny Wunderly. I'm just writing about them here...and yes they are magical! :)