Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring [Finally], Poppies

Today I am just giving myself a quick little visual experience of purely happy-happy as a way of celebrating the fact that it is FINALLY officially spring-like here in Seattle with a couple of extended periods of blue sky, some sun light and warmer temps (at least during the day.)

Poppies, when I notice them again as the seasons change, are always that surprisingly joyful visual that heralds the coming of summer for me. And each year I am startled a bit by their vibrancy and cheerfulness so unabashedly on display…


[images by/belong to, top to bottom left to right: 1) Luigi FDV, 2) Haikey, 3) moonjazz, 4) davidyuweb]

Hope today is enjoyable for all no matter what the weather...

2 comments:

gina said...

Poppies are some of the happiest flowers I think. Thanks for the lovely images. Enjoy your Spring!

LethaColleen said...

You too Gina! :)