Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tim Cantor

Just now a friend came by my desk and said "have you heard of..." (the results of these words almost always become the highlight moment of my day!)

This is a fairly frequent occurrence that I really benefit from as many people here in my office know that I am an artist and some, a few, know that I keep this ongoing archival journal of discoveries.

Today I was acquainted with Tim Cantor (who I had, in fact, not heard of) and per usual, I am in awe. Awestruck. Thunderstruck. What an amazing talent with oil, forms, composition... What an incredible world of magic in each of these pieces!


As amazing as the highly finished pieces are (and maybe because of that) I'm especually drawn into the concepts sketches for Tim's pieces...


[all work by/belongs to Tim Cantor, images via his web site]

Tim's work reminds me of Miyazaki’ richly detailed and colorful anime memes/characters, of the old masters hanging in grand museums and the spirit of black and white noir films drifting guazily along a dimly lit street...

Do visit Tim's web site and if you are anywhere near San Diago you should visit tim's gallery Ashby Gallery to view his work in person!

2 comments:

Dyche Designs said...

Wow, simply stunning work.

Duchess Curses Like a Sailor said...

You can also visit his gallery in Sausalito, Ca. 599 B Bridgeway. We are open Wednesday ~ Sunday 11am - 5pm or Monday and Tuesday by appointment! I am glad you enjoy Tim's work...