Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Janet Wasek

Fair warning! Long visual post!

Absolutely stunning photography from Janet Wasek. The most beautiful colors, compositions and context.

Janet is a very prolific artist as well --- and this makes me very happy --- knowing that there is a deep well of her images to draw inspiration from is akin to falling in love with a new author and being delighted to find that they have written many books full of worlds to escape into...magical.

I'd love to know which of her images is your favorite --- mine is 'brown things' --- the first image below...

[all images by/belong to Janet Wasek, via her Flickr Photostream]

Of course you MUST visit Janet's Flickr photostream and browse through those wonderful, seemingly endless sets of magic...

4 comments:

nancycristiano said...

I don't know if it's possible to pick a favorite. Janet's work doesn't just capture natural beauty, it reveals the beauty in the *patterns* of "ordinary" objects. She is truly an artist.

Jeane said...

wow - if I had to choose, I would choose the pic of leaves and the last one - truly beautiful work :)

Wireworks said...

This is a very nice blog... I can see that you put a lot of heart on your posts, that's why I'm sure I'd visit here more often. Anyway, if you have time, you can visit my blog as well, Abstract Art Painting / Buy Abstract Art. See yah!

penny patten said...

These are magical! Wow!