Monday, September 7, 2009

What I'm working on now...

I've been working on a new art format direction --- ACEO's. Being a Flickr and Etsy fanatic I learned the meaning of the term a while back (art cards, editions and originals) and thought that if my art translated to the size well it might be a nice way to offer up slightly more affordable (and adorably tiny) original bits of art to the world at large. I'm pretty happy with the results. The small scale (3"x2.5") forces me to get the proportions and composition just right --- it's a great challenge to my artistic editing skills!

Anyhoo, I am currently thinking about and experimenting with a matting and framing option to offer as an option when I make the ACEO's available for sale --- I hope I figure it out soon, I've got about 10 cards made, making 2 or so every other day, I'll be drowning in them soon if I don't get them listed and people don't start taking them off my hands!

5 comments:

MAB Jewelry said...

Oooo, they are lovely!

Alissa said...

Nice! I like the one on the right. It reminds me of a sunset. I've never made ACEO's before. I think I still don't quite understand them. I've been meaning to do more research on the topic.

LethaColleen said...

Alissa --- I don't understand them either... (They seem super geeky in their "must be XxX inches, no more no less" standards) but they are a joy to work with and I love the idea of being able to offer a more-affordable-than-my-normal-pieces original art option. You should try it too! Your art work would look amazing in this small size and it might be interesting to create to this specific square-ish size…?

Jennifer Mullin said...

Yeah for ACEO's! For almost a year that was the only size I worked in. They sell well in my shop. Can't wait to see more of yours Letha!

firehead4 said...

your work is beautiful! love your colors and combinations! keep up the great work!

karen
www.artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com