Monday, June 1, 2009

How the day feels - Poppies

The neighborhood is a big riot of color right now --- apparently there are a lot of gardeners on east Capital Hill and with the return of the sun in a consistent manner everything is growing in a very spirited manner (as if to make up for lost time)...

I have a lot of things on the near horizon in my life right now --- moving being one of them, among other assorted deadlines, relationship knots and anxieties. My mind spins with possibilities and I am treasuring dearly the moments when I feel peaceful and have a sense of rest...

I'm finding quite a few of my quite moments through the profusion of poppies out and about. So loud (garish reds and oranges) and delicate (translucent petals that pass the sun though with ease) --- the contrast makes me very happy.

[image by blue_poppy, via her flickr photostream]

2 comments:

June rhymes with moon said...

I know what you mean about the peaceful moments...I find them out in the garden, too :)

Janelle

LethaColleen said...

...not only is it a moment of peace but a reminder to GROW! too...