Sunday, June 28, 2009

...happenings

The last couple of weeks have been very productive and exciting [and a bit unbelievable!] in regards to happenings with my art... For one thing I am 'booked' with galleries/installations through January if one can believe that?!

@ Re-leaf, July-August --- opening details:
Date/time: July 1st [Wednesday], 6PM-9PM
Address: 1429 N 45th St [@Woodlawn Ave] in Wallingford

@ Dolce Vita, August -October --- opening details:
Date/time: August 8th [Saturday], 6PM-9PM
Address: 5323 Ballard Ave NW in Ballard

@ Harbor Public House, December - January --- opening details to follow closer to December!

Also for another thing, *and this feels big to me*, I am very excited to have my art pendants being sold through Gossamer Collective's new gallery in Capitol Hill starting towards the end of next month. I'm going to be making a special series to be available only through their gallery and I can't wait to get started...

AND one more thing... I now have my own art studio!

Having a space devoted solely and only to my art is an awesome and sometimes scary thing that I am still getting used to --- But I've already been very energised by it and have begun on a new series called 'Depth Conversion' inspired by some of the nautical charts that where recently donated to me...

The piece above is the first one that I've finished, I'm working in a variety of finished scales and am really inspired by the colors and the graphics of the charts...

All in all it's been a busy, exciting and a bit over whelming couple of weeks. Yayyy!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats on all the shows! And I Love your new piece, it is totally gorgeous!

June rhymes with moon said...

Big congratulations on your upcoming shows! And again, the studio is awesome!

Janelle