Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rachell Sumpter

Absolutely and totally enthralling work by Rachell Sumpter... Unbelievable color and composition --- and an intriguing integration of folk art with modern sensibilities and conceptual statements. I saw Rachell's work (the first one I saw was the 4th one down) and was an instant ardent admirer --- I experienced a sense of having received a blow to the head or a shot of drugs to the arm (in a spectacularly expansive and clarifying way).

I know I will be watching closely for each new piece from Rachell and will be curious about each direction she chooses to follow...

[all images/work belong to Rachell Sumpter via her flickr photostream]

Rachell's web site...

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Ooooooo... interesting. I just had to check out her Flickr stream. This is my fav... http://www.flickr.com/photos/alonewolverine/2825276113

LethaColleen said...

I love that one too --- who am I kidding, I love ALL of them! :)