Saturday, May 9, 2009

Land Art [Richard Shilling]

I really love looking through Richard's work --- land art and it's artist's always pull me in --- but what's a bit different about Richard's work is a spirit of adventure and informality that's visible in the work. Some of his pieces are very tight and exact, but I really enjoy the ones that follow a more organic and imperfect path...

[all work/images belong to Richard Shilling, via his flickr photostream]

The last photo I keep having to look at over and over --- the colors of the rocks are in such keeping with the palette made up of the trees and the ground...

Richard keeps a blog that follows his process with each piece and he also sells prints of his work here...

2 comments:

Anne (simplesunflower) said...

I LOVE his artwork, too! I found him on flickr one day and could not stop looking at everything in amazement. Pretty much the same as the day I found your artwork. :)

LethaColleen said...

thanks Anne --- so much talent out there to discover, I'm continually amazed...