Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Amy Huddleston

I become firmly attached and drawn into Amy Huddleston's paintings because of her particular way of composing a viewers entry into the scenes, characters or subject matter. Whether it’s a close up portrait at just the right distance or a birds eye like perspective of wandering feet in the midst of late afternoon light, her compositions are uniquely effective in forming connections to her work --- even more so than her subject matter or color and technique (which is all thoughtful, brilliant and beautiful). Amy is one of those artists that make me say internally, “what a great gift they have”, and so she does…

[all work/images belong to Amy Huddleston via her Flickr photostream]

Please do visit Amy's Web site and Flickr photostream --- I've shown just a few of my favorites here that tell me a story but she has so much more for you to discover... go, go!

2 comments:

r. said...

Yes, I like her paintings! The palette is warm and cold like life..

LethaColleen said...

"...like life..." And aren’t those the very best artists? The ones who can capture the essence of the varied experiences we all have --- ranging from sadness to joy and everything in between.... I get so excited when I find another one; Amy is one of those people for sure!