Saturday, February 7, 2009

ParkeHarrison

My photographs tell stories of loss, human struggle, and personal exploration within landscapes scarred by technology and over-use…. I strive to metaphorically and poetically link laborious actions, idiosyncratic rituals and strangely crude machines into tales about our modern experience.
--Robert ParkeHarrison


This --- what Robert & Shana ParkeHarrison do --- photographic tableau's is art work that I have loved for a very long time. I can't believe I haven't shared it before now --- I'm talented at forgetfulness so I guess I am not surprised.

Such content and concept --- breathtaking seems a appropriate descriptor as does highly imaginative and thought provoking. What I always feel, looking at their work, is a instant flash & glimpse back to a time period when my imagination really ran wild. I love being reminded of that, and then realising that the same wildness still exists in my world as an adult (I just don't get to follow it quite as freely as I did when I was a kid.)

This last one almost always brings tears to my eyes...

2 comments:

hellejorgensen said...

This is extraordinary work. Thanks for sharing.

LethaColleen said...

Your welcome Helle --- Their work gives me goosebumps each time I look at it...