Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lost in Paris/Urban 'Witch'

In my moments of day dreaming about 'Letha's ultimate shelter experience' I inevitably dream of living walls, the outside in, trees in the dining room & moss underfoot...

Today I found an amazing version of that dream come true in many ways. Located in Paris and called
'Lost in Paris' it's a concrete urban dwelling covered in 1,200 Hydroponics ferns and 300 hand blown glass rain catchers. Designed for a 'urban witch' (yayyyy!) by R (and) Sei Architects it's an anomaly in such high contrast to it's neighbors that appears as if it could take over the city by the sheer force of nature's will. I love it. Of course.

[found via Inhabitat, all images from R and Sei's web site]

2 comments:

Parallax said...

That's incredible. What a great find

C. Wade said...

Great post! I love the look of those raincatchers...