Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Perspective

Although we're a couple of days into the new year I'm still reflecting on the past one quite a bit mostly, I think, because this past year was the start of so many new creative beginnings and I'm just overwhelmed with a joyful spirit when I think about it.

For one thing, this was a year of traveling --- more than I've ever done in my life [which come to think of it, might have something to do with the sudden visitation of the artistic muse?]

[Japan:]
[Chicago, for NeoCon]
[South Dakota & Minneapolis]
[Santa Barbara]

Twice to LA and back to Milwaukee (the first time as an adult) as well... Every place usually had quite a few unexpected insights on what makes the US 'American' and how I feel about my place in my country --- if I could I would go someplace new [ US or otherwise] every few months I think --- to reset and/or widen my outlook on my world.

Anyhow --- happy new year to all --- I for one, can't wait to see what the new one holds.

No comments: