Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mariah Johnson (We are all well and fine)

"...Johnson folds, wraps, and piles bedsheets and pillowcases, which she finds in thrift shops, into sculptures and installations." This installation piece (for an exhibition called we are all well and fine) fascinates me because of it's obvious references to landscape and the geography of earth --- but its rendered in the softness and malleability of fabrics and the symbolism of domestic motivations...

[Found via LittleBrid Gallery, image via the same]

2 comments:

Artfulife said...

I found you through etsy and love your work. Can't wait to see what you add to your shop.

LethaColleen said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you like the art --- I can't wait to see what comes next either --- I have some ideas but you never know where the creative energy will take you... I'll be getting back to creating as soon as I finish up making some Christmas gifts-