Sunday, November 16, 2008

Workspaces

I like the light-in-the-attic feel of this workspace --- I can certainly relate to this vibe as I currently work in a basement with no natural light. Although a view and daylight is preferable (and healthier!) for any living or working space there is something quite nice about the warm yellow glow of indoor light in an enclosed space that makes you feel like you are in your own little world confined to just the circle of light and the shadows it casts...

Wish I could get in close to see everything pinned up on the wall... And I can totally relate to the TV --- makes me smile --- I always have it on in the background as I am working. I remember having an instructor in school empress upon us that non-verbal music (and preferably classical) was the only real creative catalyst --- I respected her a lot so I tried it for a while --- it was nice, and I am sure in the end that she is probably right --- but I am too much a person of my own generation in this way --- a multi tasking mind (focusing on voices and other visual stimuli) seems to be my most creative and productive mind...

Toys and really personal items are a sign, I believe, that someone is able to poke fun at the geeky or serious elements of what they do (and maybe themselves as well).

[all photos from Mr Biggs Flickr photostream]

This workspace belongs to Brian Biggs, illustrator/animator/audio guy...

No comments: