Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What I'm working on...

So --- I am working on a lot of different pieces right now, gearing up for a holiday show and then (finally) offering the pieces for sale on-line (more to come on that later --- will keep you posted).

I think it's probably a good thing I am not convinced I am a photographer --- eiiii --- a bit embarrassed of the photos but figure you'll forgive it in the spirit of down-and-dirty-progress/working shots?

If I haven't already described my work to you in person (and skip this if I have), I troll around flea markets, garage sales and occasionally eBay and buy up old paper, metal scraps, postcards & photos, etc. cut it all up and then combine with bits of decorative paper, vintage wall & wrapping paper...

Mixed media collage in short.

My favorite tangent right now is variations of the piece in the first photo --- strips of paper kind of layered & woven together which to me feels like patchwork quilts, strata down the walls of a canyon and hilly colorful landscapes...

No comments: