Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shelby Healey

A lot of people out there are fans of Shelby Healey --- for me though there is a very particular and personal reason why I like Shelby Healey's art. She paints trees. And occasionally she paints and collages little girls in hoods walking among trees.

When I was first putting this post together I had nearly every painting from Shelby's portfolio included but felt like that was overkill --- the above is enough --- pretty perfect. Etsy shop here... OK just a few more --- then you can go look at the rest if you want to!

Really love the diverse range of 'look & feel' among her paintings --- all the while they retain a very distinct style --- how does she do that?

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Wow! Thank you so much for such a great post about my work. You've tuned me into to some wonderful art here and I'm flattered to be part of your blog. Keep up the great work!

LethaColleen said...

Thanks Shelby --- you rock! :) You keep letting that creative output flow too, it's a great gift to all of us out here...