Sunday, November 2, 2008

Felt (Etsy Finds)

I've had a soft spot in my heart for (pretty much) all things felt since I was a kid. My mom would occasionally make felt finger puppets with decorative stitching and sequin embellishments. I wish we still had them somewhere, we had quite a stash at one point...

One time when I was 5 or so our church had a Mother/daughter's day swap where all the mothers made felt finger puppets with their kids and then brought them to the church basement. I was excited because I thought my mom had made the best ones and I was going to get to claim one of them for my own (and I knew which one) --- then as the event proceeded my little mind finally grasped that a 'swap' meant that some other little girl was going home with my mom's creations and I was going to be stuck with one of the 'inferior' ones! Coming to terms with that was difficult enough that I still have this vivid photographic smell-o-vision memory of a warm musty basement full of little girls and colorful felt object...

Felt has come a long way from being a staple of children's crafts... the below is a tiny fraction of the neat felt stuff out there --- these are just some of my favorites at the moment...

From stephalicious' flickr photostream is this wearable art... She's got an etsy shop too, but nothings up for sale right now...

To file under the 'Ohhhh pretty and useful' category is this laptop case (although a little pricey...eeeiiii!) Lots of other really bright and well done pieces in the shop too.


Flash drive cover! How clever is that? Love the other stuff (cats of various dispositions, etc.) in this etsy shop...

The 'original cup cozy'...


lilfishstudios produced this acorn awesomeness; etsy site here.

Hooray for felt! Happy Sunday to you...

No comments: